18 December, 2012

Philippines

Whilst visiting the Philippines in November, I recorded some ideas/ events in my sketchpad relating to my experience there. Here is my final product:



Above is a felt-tip interpretation of the weather/ personalities I found. As it was incredibly hot! I used colours of the Philippine flag, and also reflected upon the fact that there is actually the sun in there too and intertwined this knowledge with my style of illustrating.

My favourite drawing I completed there by far, I loved meeting old people (of course people in general!) but found their facial features to always be of particular interest, as the lines and depth in their eyes reflect stories that one cannot imagine but only live. Plus, they're way more hardcore over there too! I like to think that my ancestors mirror a similar a resemblance.


Last but not least, the man that started it all, a passenger before boarding upon our journey to Philippines. Probably the least excitable, but realise looking now, the westernised part I left behind at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment